Friday, January 6, 2012

Solid vs. Wire Floors

I'm just going to get to the point here. I know many people who think wire bottoms are cruel. But if you think about it, would you rather sit on wire or your own... droppings. lol Also, wood will rot and possibly grow mold from being constantly coated in urine making a solid floor even more unsanitary and I might say... cruel.

I think as long as they are a dwarf breed they are fine. If not, they should have a foot rest or a block of wood to sit on. The block of wood serves two purposes, 1) something to chew on 2) something to sit on.

I have noticed that on "Rabbitry Tour" videos, people get criticized for having wire floors. I for one, can't stand these comments and don't even try to educate the public anymore. The only way I will share my opinion is if it is asked for. If they try to fight with me about it, all I say is "You asked for my opinion, there you have it." and walk away.

You may notice for some odd reason this is a very touchy subject in the pet world. Most people are to stuck in their ways to even consider what you try to teach them. Therefore, I keep to myself on the subject in most cases. However I had a recent event that made me very irritated involving a very stubborn girl who would not stop emailing me about how cruel it was to have wire floors. I made sure to block her and I hope I don't have to deal with those people anymore.

Enough with that, so I am currently talking with my friend that lives a few minutes from me and I think we are making some small progress on getting some new stock. We will see!

Have a super fantastic day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Solid floors get dirty quick, especially if the rabbit is larger or poops a lot. Most rabbits are just fine on wire floors. I do have one Netherland Dwarf that absolutely cannot stay on wire and our Flemish Giants can't either, but most rabbits won't have any problems and will be much happier and cleaner.

    ReplyDelete