Monday, February 25, 2013

No More Local Shows

     I've made a decision on something I've been considering for quite a while. I don't think I'll be showing locally anymore. Our last show was a disaster and many of the animals in the showroom were infected with snuffles. Three of my breeder friends came home only to have some of their best animals start sneezing with a bad case of snuffles. I was lucky enough to not have a problem with it but with the problems I had in the past with the particular disease, I will not expose to my herd to it knowingly... ever. So I've decided it's best if I just attend national shows from now on. I don't think the judge's opinions at local shows are worth the trouble and the risk. The judging is never consistent.
     I also think this will allow me to focus on improvement a lot more. I won't have deadlines to meet anymore and I won't have to hold back from breeding. I can just improve, improve, improve all year long! I'll definitely have something worthy of nationals by the time I make my way to Fort Worth in 2014 for ARBA National Convention. Although I'll miss my friends at the shows, I know this is best for me and my herd. I'm excited to be able to focus on improvement rather than showing.
     One last thing, Little Rascal's Adaliene may have broken her back, right leg. She is favoring it a lot. :(  Fortunately, she is eating and drinking well! I'm sure she'll be alright after she takes some time to heal. For now, she is under close monitoring. For now... Baby pictures of Adaliene... <3


Addy on the right

Addy and her momma <3

On the left...

<3 Love her <3

2 comments:

  1. I sure do understand your decision! We have some that get DQed at EVERY single SHOW for white snot or ear mites. =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not our rabbits...some exhibitors in our area..thought I should clarify! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete