Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thinking out Loud and Barn Remodel

     This post is mostly going to be random ramblings and updates. I have really noticed the need for new blood in my barn lately. I wish we had more people transporting right now so I could bring in new bunnies from rabbitries in the east and south. My hotot breeding program is going to be on hold for the most part now. I will continue breeding Teddy and Maybelle as I am trying to get a show buck out of Teddy with a beautiful h/e so I can move Teddy on to someone else. He produces gorgeous little babies. I am just waiting on my new hotots that will be making their way here in April. They will really contribute to the better bodies that I'm working towards. I'm excited to see how they mesh with my current hotots.
     On a Holland note, I am anxiously waiting for my new litter and news on LuvLops' litters and availability. Manda is due on February 4th and let me tell you, I have never been so excited for February in my life. Lol! I can't wait for those little babies. I wish I would have bred my NZ doe, Peach at the same time as Manda just in case there was a problem with Manda's first litter but I forgot to. Let's hope for the best! LuvLops' and I have been talking about the hollands and hopefully we'll have some new beauties in my barn by May after the West Coast Classic show in Reno.
     Another thing related to hollands, I've decided that I've had enough of Mushu's OCD Hyper-ness...that rabbit... Lol! I have started taking him out to the big playpen where we runs in circles around the tipped-over lawn chair and digs craters in the snow. That rabbit must be going 100 mph at all times. Lol! He has really calmed down a lot though. I think he's just over-loaded in hormones right now. hehe!
     I have done a little barn re-modeling throughout the week. I finally got the dividers in for the bottom row. Then I replaced all the doors and made them a lot bigger so I can fit nests through the door. I also bought a lot of new toys and bins for the bunnies to sit in. I will only be keeping the bins in their cages until we have a new barn (March 2013) and don't have to worry about critters attacking from underneath the cage. I also got a new digital scale which I am very thankful to have. Lol!

I apologize for how messy it is.
Everything is literally frozen rock solid and I can't clean

Addy and Maybelle <3

Addy

Peach and her little babies - 3 weeks old

Mia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment