Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Barn?!

The title says it all, we're building a new barn! My dad and I were talking last night and out of nowhere he said "you better got those plans drawn. I'm about ready to start on that barn." I was caught off guard. I couldn't find the words to say! The only thing that came out was "What?...Rabbit...Barn? Huh? When? What?!" That's all I could say. Lol! So of course I ran into the office and drew the plans. My dad said to make the barn 8'x16' because the maximum shed transporting width is 8 1/2 feet and we will have to have the shed transported an hour away this Summer to our new house. Having an 8'x16' barn means that I can eventually build up to 60 holes!!! That's so exciting!!! Unfortunately I will be working with 3 breeds so in reality that is not very many holes per breed but it's definitely more than I have now. It will be a slow process building up to that many holes for sure. I will add on holes as needed and when I have the money from bunny sales. It's going to be a work in progress for a long time but I am willing to keep working at it because I love the breeds I work with.
So without further ado, I give you....the barn plans!
(Excuse my hand writing, Lol)
 
 
Just in case you're wondering, The litter box is for my cat who
 will also be living in the barn to control any rodents or birds
 that could possibly try to invade.
 
There are 4 large windows for proper ventilation.
Can you tell I've been planning out my rabbit barn for a long time? Lol! We have talked about it and we've decided that in the Summer we will be adding an AC to the barn for the safety and health of my bunnies. I will not be around all the time to move fans, spray down the roof, and supply frozen water bottles so the bunnies definitely will need something to stay cool.
However, they should handle the cold weather very well inside a barn. The body heat given off from many rabbits (and a cat) and insulated walls will keep the barn fairly warm. I may also bring in a heat lamp or two for light and extra warmth. I'm just so excited to start the barn and take tons of pictures to post on my blog!
Most of all, I want to thank my dad for the barn. He offered to build a barn for me and my bunnies so they are safe, away from the many predators that live on our ranch where we will be moving in the Summer. I know my bunnies will love it and I will love it even more! Thanks Dad!! <3

1 comment: