Sunday, December 30, 2012

RIP Jennie :'(

Today I lost my favorite doe. </3 Something got into our barn this morning and first attacked Addy through the wire and ripped her little toes off and bit her nose. Then it ventured over and attacked Teddy through the wire and broke most of his toes. And then it came to Jennie's cage where it ripped the door off and pulled her out. I feel so awful about this. :'( I loved that doe so much. We are definitely re-evaluating the barn. We have 2 traps set and a motion camera set. Most of the bunnies have been moved into the house or into the big sturdy hutch. Alvin and Mushu are wired into their cages. There is no way I am loosing another rabbit. After we trap the animal, I will take pictures and then I'll be tanning it's hide. That's my souvenir for my $600 loss today. My cage is broken and another one was knocked down off the wall. This is going to take a lot of time to recover from the loss and a lot of time to fix every thing and make changes to the barn.
 
I Love You Jennie! </3
 
Sweet curious girl
 
LOVED her personality <3
 
Pretty Girl <3
 
<3
Say a prayer that Addy with survive </3
Unfortunatley, her show future has been abruptly ruined.
 
Say a Prayer for my Teddy Boy as well. </3
 
Jennie's legacy will live on through her Daughter, Mia. <3
</3 What a heart breaking day... </3

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. I know how painful this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :'( I'm so sorry Lanae, I know you're tired of hearing that but I wish I could bring her back. It is not your fault at all so please don't feel bad. Things happen that are beyond our control and this was one of them. I just hate it happened to you. :-( You have had a rough year with the hotots that's for sure. Prayers sent for Addy and Teddy, please keep me posted on Addy. I hope she didn't go in shock and is doing fine. (((hugs to you my sweet friend)))

    ReplyDelete