Friday, March 30, 2012

Bentley the Bull

So Lucy had her calf last night. We call him Bentley. I wish we could keep him as a bull but we don't have the facilities to keep a one, so I guess the poor boy is gonna be "fixed" soon. He is so adorable. He's not very curious. He just wants to sleep.......calves.....

We found him this morning in the steer pen with the older boys when we went out to check on his mama. He had rolled into their cage under the fence panels. The bottom of the panels had been bent up from Lucy trying to crawl under to get to her baby. Luckily we found him and carried him back to Lucy. I am guessing he's around 80-100 lbs. I'm just so excited for this baby. However, I can't go in and play with him because Lucy is an ultra protective mama and I don't think I'd last to long in the corral with her.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go look at Bentley's adorable face again...




No comments:

Post a Comment