Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rabbit Feed in Bulk

Well... there isn't much going on here yet. Lucy still hasn't had her calf but her udders are continuing to fill. The suspense is killing me! Lol!

I do have a question about rabbit feed though. Does anyone know how I can find rabbit feed in bulk? I buy my chicken feed in bulk at a mill. We just bring large garbage cans with lids and they have special trucks that fill up the cans with chicken feed. I would LOVE to bring some garbage cans to fill with rabbit feed because we are planning on getting into meat breeds for emergency preparedness, pet food, family dinners, and to make some little extra cash for the show rabbits. Everyone knows meat breeds take a lot of food. I can't keep buying these bags of rabbit feed for $18 each. Our feed store keeps making their prices higher and higher. :( I may just have to settle for my feed mill's dusty, $15 a bag, feed.

Have a great day everyone!!



2 comments:

  1. LOL! I know, we have one sheep left to lamb, and she is taking forever... but looking ready to pop any second! The suspense is killing me too, so I feel for ya. :) *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo!!! Usually the nearest mill will ship you feed in bulk. Not sure what's available in your area.

    ReplyDelete