Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Incomplete Post and Perspective

Hehe I couldn't think of a better title for this post. Unfortunately, this could be my last post for a few weeks. We're canceling our Internet at our old house and probably will not have Internet at our new home for a few weeks. Or at least until we are somewhat settled in. I'll still be checking Facebook, emails, etc via iPhone but I can't post on my blog until Internet is set up again.
My reason for calling this the incomplete post is I have an obsession with posts that include pictures. I really hate making (and reading) posts that don't have pictures. Lol! But I've spent nearly 6 hours every night this week setting up the new rabbitry. By then it's too dark to take decent pictures. I'm hoping to take some very nice formal pictures this weekend or sometime early this week before it starts snowing. Winter is back... Lovely. :-P
Now, let's talk about something serious. I'm going to give a slight rant and pour my feelings out a bit here. Lately, I have been feeling like rabbits are a huge competition and fight. Everyone wants to beat somebody else and make them feel bad about their animals. I can't believe the back-stabbing going on in rabbits right now! When I started rabbits, I vowed to myself that I would never take part in that. I've really noticed, this past month especially, that I'm getting sucked into the competitive, awful, ugly side of competition. Maybe I'm hanging around the wrong people that have the wrong intentions and I need to let them go and stick with my sweet friends that are in this for the rabbits. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I'm positive it'll take some thinking to pinpoint the actual cause.
I just want to say that every rabbitry is different and each has their own goals. As long as you're honest in what you do and kind, I will be friends with you! But I will no longer be tolerating any constant gossip, back-stabbing, and extremely prideful behavior to the point where everyone is hurt after talking to them, from anybody. It's ridiculous and really no fun to be around people when that's all that I ever hear out of their mouths.
I would rather keep my bunnies home in their clean, cozy room, munching on hay, raising beautiful babies, and being allowed to molt as much as their little hearts desire than I would like to go to a show and risk their health, put off improvement, condition for months, and to top it off, listen to breeders smack-talk each other all day. Where's the fun in that? I've just really been evaluating myself, my friends, and my rabbitry from another perspective and I came to the conclusion that this has to stop.

Okay, rant over.

I borrowed a picture from my friend, Lindsey, because I felt it fit this situation perfectly.

1 comment: