Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Barn Changes and Mini-Rant

Oh, how I look forward to the day when we have a nice barn completely designed and dedicated to the rabbits! I'm getting tired of all these big changes I am having to make in order to accommodate more and more. We will be starting to let the 28 young pullets into the outdoor part of the rabbitry/chicken coop. We will probably hold off for another week or two but in order to do this, we'll have to put my rooster and hen in a cage where they won't be able to attack the chicks as they are exploring and growing to adult size. I'm expecting my grandma to throw a tantrum as she usually does when I change anything of mine out there. But of course, it's our barn, not my grandma's. So we may just have to put a lock on both doors and light curtains over the windows. The critters will live happily ever after as long as no one throws tantrums! Lol!! This gets me so excited to move this Summer!! I can see it now... A big bunny barn... with chickens ever so far away. Haha!!
So we will have the chicks on the floor of the outdoor and a small portion of the indoor part of the barn just in case this Utah weather goes bipolar again. The two older chickens that my Grandma has suddenly inherited are going to be in our cage that was used to separate our chickens back when we had a huge flock. We will eventually get 2 stacks outside as well. I will be purposely making them as tall as possible to keep all the chickens off of them and so there is more floor space for the chicks to explore. Luckily, I'm 5' 9" and can reach pretty high! Lol!
I'm just getting pretty tired of being not only being yelled at but threatened for moving around my animals in my barn. It's driving me out of my mind! So tempted to lock everyone out. It would make it a bit more fun and a lot more peaceful in the barn! Whew! Okay, rant over. Lol! Here's a quick design I threw together to give you an idea of what the barn will be like assuming I get to follow through with my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment