Monday, May 13, 2013

Taking a Break :'(

First, I'd like to say I am not taking this break by choice. I guess this was inevitable but my family threw a fit because I had a "population explosion" in my rabbitry. This so called 'explosion' was 13 rabbits including babies. What really irks me is my dad has 12 rabbits right now that I am stuck taking care of plus 10 more in a couple of days when his NZ doe, Peach kindles. I'm about to go all teenager here but this is very unfair and I'm so sick of it. Last night, after being yelled at for 2 hours straight about rabbit and chicken care, I'm being forced to stop breeding until we move and I have to move the rabbits out. I am so disappointed, angry, and heart broken.
I'm tired of fighting with my family about the rabbits when they aren't even a burden to any of them. The only reason everyone is acting like this is because I'm younger and running a whole 'business' on my own which somehow invites all of the adults in the house to try to run it for me.
Yes, I am very angry but should I mention terribly heart broken over this? If I breed another rabbit, I will be forced to sell every last one. This doesn't seem like a big deal right? Well then we have to consider that my holland herd buck is almost 4 years old and is struggling producing. If I really have to stop breeding, he will sit idle for another 4-5 months. Now this doesn't seem like a huge problem but what about all of the does?!  Every single doe I own could stop producing after sitting idle that long. And who knows what could happen any rabbit in my herd in that time period? Who knows, I could loose my best, my favorites, or dare I say, all of them to what ever causes may arise.
I'm feeling very put down and hurt right now, honestly.

So I guess after the next litters, Little Rascal's Rabbitry will be done for the year.

**tears**


1 comment:

  1. :-( So sorry Lanae... no words at the moment. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete