Monday, August 13, 2012

News

Maybelle finally had a litter. They were born on the wire so I warmed them up and put them back in their nest with momma who is acting clueless. It was 3 banded babies that I saved and a DOA peanut.
Ugh! I swear that doe doesn't have to slightest clue! Now I will be attempting to foster Maybelle's 3 babies with Chex who already has a 2 week old litter of two. This will consist of daily rotating of nests so each litter is fed well. Maybelle will get another try as she was a first timer. I am sure she was in panic. She scratched all 3 of the babies which was what set me off. I took them away after I discovered the scratches. Let's just pray Chex stops staring at the nest and starts feeding them. LOL! She is so confused. Poor babies, poor Chex!
These pictures were taken from my ipod which wasn't the best, but my camera is struggling.

Chex's 2 weekers in their temporary cage. I have to find a different one.


So sweeeeeet!


I promise those aren't spots, that's Sharpie for identification.


Maybelle's Litter is in there.


Chex decided to dig in her feeder making a mess of the whole cage...


Tegan during pose practice.


Mystery baby (either Missy or Cowboy) during pose practice.


LOL! Tegan: WHERE'S MY BUDDY?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Your babies are way cute. ;-) Love the last picture!!! Hopefully Maybell will be a good momma - it does remind me of one of my first time does, she didn't feed her babies until the evening of the second day. I asked Lindsey from 4KR and she said that it is common for first time does not to get their milk in until the second day. Just something I thought of - hope those little babies make it fine! :)

    ReplyDelete