Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bored In The Barn

Well there isn't much going on at the bunny barn. All the rabbits except Maybelle and the babies are molting. Ew. LOL! There is fur flying! But some exciting news; we have a heifer bagging up and getting ready to have her calf! I am very excited!! I will most likely be halter-breaking this baby in order to make it easy to handle like my last steer, Boomer. Unfortunately I won't be able to show this baby as it is a hybrid and it doesn't have quality lines so it likely won't be a good quality market baby.

The rabbits are all doing well aside from the molting. I got everyone out today and groomed, then played with them. I got a pose out of most of them, except Teddy, Chex, and Popit. I just realized I am at 12 rabbits including the babies right now. That's exciting!! I plan to grow a lot in the fall with both breeds. I will for sure get more hotot does, but I am not sure if I can afford another pair of hollands. They ain't cheap!!


Cowboy
He's not looking to great right now, but I can't say for sure, he's only 3 weeks.




Tegan
Aw man!! Those shoulders! We will see how they babies develop. They are still young.


Tegan being adorable <3


Tegan does not approve of being posed. lol

Tegan's tiny ears

Got a DECENT posed picture of Manda today. Excuse her awful molt line!


I think Maybelle wants to come meet Manda. LOL


Gilroy looking awful in mid-molt. LOL! Poor boy!


Maybelle looking gorgeous! Can't wait to show her at state! She is in amazing condition right now!

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you'll be showing Maybelle. I love the picture of her peeking up at Manda..... Tegan sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete