Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fresh Hay

That break didn't last as long as I thought it would. Lol! I made a deal with my good friend that if she started blogging again, I had to as well. Therefore, I'm back!
We've been busily cutting hay this week because we finally caught a break from the constant rain! Our little town as been buzzing with the famous green and yellow tractors cutting and baling every field in sight. What a busy time of year! After baling our smallest field today, I took a break and snapped a few pictures.
This beautiful, rich grass hay will be stored away for the bunnies to enjoy through the Winter and Spring until the 1st cut of 2014. I like to store 15 bales every Fall. If we have any left by the 1st cut the next year, I feed it to our cows and store away enough hay until 3rd cut. I really like to rotate my hay as much as possible. I usually rotate 2-3 times a year. I can't stand old, dusty hay. Especially for rabbits. The cows don't mind though! ;-)





So rich and green! <3 LOVE fresh hay!!


Tyrade- Because I haven't posted in forever,
I didn't get to mention that Tyrade won RIS on
September 6th! He got a beautiful handmade orange and
purple ribbon. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment