Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pregnant Does...

The sun is shining bright through the clouds as I pick up my favorite buck and carry him over to the plum tree where I lay down on the cool grass and relax with a hotot on my tummy. The air is a gentle breeze and I can hear the bees zoom past, high above us, busily working on their hive.

I can smell the horses in the neighbors pasture, my personal favorite fragrence. And I can hear their teeth gently clipping the grass as they graze. Their hooves taking slow steps to a new patch every few seconds.

All is quiet at Little Rascals Rabbitry.....


EXCEPT SOME CRABBY PREGNANT DOES

Chex is just a tad more vicious than usual and Pippet has no tolerance for other rabbits... And they don't even have their babies yet.... Oh boy! I may end up fostering Pippet's litter to Chex, as Pippet has some mothering instinct issues.


Teddy: "Why you no let me play with does?"
Me: "Because at the moment, they'd rip your cute face off."


No comments:

Post a Comment