Thursday, December 29, 2011

I think I did the right thing...

     A few days ago I gave away my Mini Lop buck. I have had him for 3 years. He developed an eye problem and our vet gave us all kinds of medicine to treat his eyes. He said if the problem didn't go away, we couldn't do anything for him. Well, to make space for my two new does, I gave him to a young man who planned to butcher him. I think I did the right thing here. I wouldn't want someone to have to spend all of that money on vet visits and medicine, and I would not want my buck to have to live with eye problems.
     For some reason I feel guilty for sending him to butcher. Maybe its just that I have had him for 3 years and got a little attached. Well, Just in memory of Rodeo, heres a little picture of him.

                                                 "Is that a cow?" (Our cows were staring at him.)

2 comments:

  1. Awe, ((hugs)) I think you did the right thing. If he is having chronic health issues that will never heal and can possibly cause other infections and problems then it was the right thing to do. I get attached to them too and its so hard when you loose a special bun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I will get over it. I am just feeling a tad guilty since I've had him for 3 years.

    ReplyDelete